Some Available Topics Taught by Barry Zalma
My speaking preference is for keynoting conferences and conventions or their general sessions on important insurance industry issues. I have addressed groups as small as 4 people and as large as 7,000.
The topics that currently interest me and should interest insurance professionals, include:
- Insurance is a contract.
- What is a Contract?
- What is insurance?
- How to read and understand an insurance policy.
- The equitable remedy of rescission of an insurance contract as a weapon to defeat fraud
- The ability to investigate and defeat insurance fraud.
- Ethics and the Claims Person
- How to Avoid the Tort of Bad Faith
- Ethics and the Business Person
- What is Insurance?
- Keynotes are typically 60-90 minute presentations.
I can do longer seminars on any insurance topics. Here is a sample of seminar and ebinar topics I’ve presented or co-presented:
- Certified Expert in Commercial Liability Insurance
- Certified Expert in Commercial Property Insurance
- Rescission as a Defense to Fraud, Presented to the Southern California Fraud Investigators Association, Palm Springs, California.
- How to Avoid The Tort of Bad Faith, presented to America’s Claims Event, Minneapolis, MN.
- Insurance Fraud and the Investigative Engineer, Meeting of the Investigative Engineers Association, Scottsdale, AZ.
- Marketing for the Investigative Engineer, Meeting of the Investigative Engineers Association, Scottsdale, AZ.
- Avoiding the Tort of Bad Faith, Pacific Claims Executive Association, Monterey, California.
- Insurance Fraud and Tools a CFE Can Use to Reduce It, Global Conference of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, San Antonio, Texas.
- Zalma on Insurance Lawyering – presented to insurance class of law students at Southwestern Law School, Los Angeles, California.
- Zalma on Insurance to the Forensic Expert Witness Association, Orange County Section, Newport Beach, California.
- “Ethics for the Investigative Engineer” and panel discussion, presented to the 2011 Convention of the Investigative Engineers Association, Las Vegas, Nevada.
- “Ethics for the Investigative Engineer,” “Torts for the Investigative Engineer” and “Panel Discussion on Report Writing for the Investigative Engineer” presented to the 2010 Convention of the Investigative Engineers Association, Atlanta, Georgia.
- Independent Automotive Damage Appraisers 44th Vehicle Repair Conference, on “Diminution in Value”.
- CIRMS Insurance Masters, 30th Annual CAI Community Association Law Seminar, Rancho Mirage, California on “Insurance Fraud”.
- “Insurance Policy Interpretation for the Investigative Engineer;” Ethics Panel Presentation;” and “Report Writing Discussion and Panel” presented to the Investigative Engineers Association, Dallas, Texas.
- “Insurance Agents & Brokers & Insurance Fraud” presented to the Canadian Bar Association Insurance Section, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
- “Bad Faith” presented to Specialized Investigations, Northridge, California.
- “Disaster Insurance Fraud” presented to the Southern California Fraud Investigators Association, Annual Conference, Lynwood, California.
- “Is the Fight Against Insurance Fraud Being Lost?” presented to the Professional Investigators of California, Orange County District Meeting.
- “Being an Expert” and “Keynote” to 2007 Convention of the Investigative Engineers Association, Inc. (I-ENG-A)
- Two Chapters, CPCU, “The Ethical Dilemma Caused by Fighting Fraud.”
- Western Claims Conference, Indian Wells, California, “Why it is Important for SIUs To Share Information and Strategies for Sharing” and “The Ethical Dilemma Caused by Fighting Fraud.”
- American Mensa Annual Gathering – on “Criminals Who Were Too Smart To Succeed at Insurance Fraud”
PCS/ISO Catastrophe Conference on “Catastrophe Fraud.”
- Panel discussion — Golden Gate Risk and Insurance Management Society, Inc., 2003 Bay Area Conference on “The Insurance
- Litigation Quagmire: Are the Risks Greater than the Rewards?
Seminars are typically 1-3 hour presentations.
Same topics as seminars, just a lower cost due to no travel related fees or expenses. Webinars are typically 1-2 hour presentations. There are 42 Webinars I have prepared at experfy.com & Illumeo.com.
I can do brief webcasts on condensed versions of seminars and webinars or single issue or limited topic presentations. Webcasts are typically 30-60 minute presentations.
I have also published more than 100, free, 15 to 20 minute commentary on insurance claims, insurance coverage, and insurance law at https://rumble.com/c/c-262921
Keynotes and Seminars: $5000 per presentation plus reasonable business class travel expenses.
Webinars and Webcasts: $1,000 per presentation hour ($500 min. for webcasts).
If you need a new subject I will only charge $600 per hour to prepare the program.
Barry Zalma, Esq., CFE
4441 Sepulveda Blvd.
CULVER CITY CA 90230
F: 310-391-5614E: email@example.com
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/barry.zalma and
Twitter at https://twitter.com/bzalma
The author and publisher disclaim any liability, loss, or risk incurred as a consequence, directly or indirectly, of the use and application of any of the contents of this web site. The information provided is not a substitute for the advice of a competent insurance, legal, or other professional. The Information provided at this site should not be relied on as legal advice. Legal advice cannot be given without full consideration of all relevant information relating to an individual situation. If you desire consultation you may retain the services of Mr. Zalma after signing an engagement letter.
© 2022, Barry Zalma & ClaimSchool, Inc.
Barry Zalma & ClaimSchool, Inc.
Go to Zalma Books – E-Books and Articles by Barry Zalma at the Insurance Claims Library where ClaimSchool publishes the ZIFL, several books and e-books written by Barry Zalma and sponsors Mr. Zalma’s speaking engagements.
Barry Zalma and
4441 Sepulveda Boulevard, Inc.
CULVER CITY CA 90230-4844
310-390-4455; https://claimschool.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Barry Zalma on Twitter at https://twitter.com/bzalma
Read Mr. Zalma’s blog “Zalma on Insurance”
Go to “Zalma’s Insurance 101” Video Training
Go to the Insurance Claims Library; Subscribe to Barry Zalma on Substack.com, Go to Barry Zalma videos at Rumble.com at https://rumble.com/zalma Videos from “Barry Zalma on YouTube; Go to the Insurance Claims Library; Listen to the Podcast: Zalma on Insurance