Barry Zalma’s Schedule of Speaking Engagements
- October 2023, How Insurers and Arson Investigators Have Taken The Profit from Arson-for-Profit Schemes, Presented to the
California Conference of Arson Investigators, San Louis Obispo, California.
- October 2022, The Examination Under Oath, Presented to the Southern California Fraud Investigators Association, Palm
- April 2017, “Resources to Defeat Insurrance Fraud,” Atlantic Claim Executives Spring Conference, Hammock Beach Resort,
Palm Coast, Florida
- October, 2016, Rescission as a Defense to Fraud, Presented to the Southern California Fraud Investigators Association, Palm
- June 2016, How to Avoid The Tort of Bad Faith, presented to America’s Claims Event, Minneapolis, MN.
- October 2015, Insurance Fraud and the Investigative Engineer, Meeting of the Investigative Engineers Association, Scottsdale,
- October 2015, Marketing for the Investigative Engineer, Meeting of the Investigative Engineers Association, Scottsdale, AZ.
- May 2015, Avoiding the Tort of Bad Faith, Pacific Claims Executive Association, Monterey, California.
- June, 2014, Insurance Fraud and Tools a CFE Can Use to Reduce It, Global Conference of the Association of Certified Fraud
Examiners, San Antonio, Texas.
- March 2014 – Zalma on Insurance Lawyering – presented to insurance class of law students at Southwestern Law School, Los
- June 2012 – Zalma on Insurance to the Forensic Expert Witness Association, Orange County Section, Newport Beach,
- November 2011 – “Ethics for the Investigative Engineer” and panel discussion, presented to the 2011 Convention of the
Investigative Engineers Association, Las Vegas, Nevada.
- November 2010 – “Ethics for the Investigative Engineer,” “Torts for the Investigative Engineer” and “Panel Discussion on
Report Writing for the Investigative Engineer” presented to the 2010 Convention of the Investigative Engineers Association,
- June 2010 – Independent Automotive Damage Appraisers 44th Vehicle Repair Conference, on “Diminution in Value”.
- January 2009 – CIRMS Insurance Masters, 30th Annual CAI Community Association Law Seminar, Rancho Mirage, California on
- November 2008 – “Insurance Policy Interpretation for the Investigative Engineer;” Ethics Panel Presentation;” and “Report
Writing Discussion and Panel” presented to the Investigative Engineers Association, Dallas, Texas.
- September 2008 – “Insurance Agents & Brokers & Insurance Fraud” presented to the Canadian Bar Association Insurance Section,
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
- June 2008 – “Bad Faith” presented to Specialized Investigations, Northridge, California.
- May 2008 – “Disaster Insurance Fraud” presented to the Southern California Fraud Investigators Association, Annual Conference,
- February 2008 – “Is the Fight Against Insurance Fraud Being Lost?” presented to the Professional Investigators of California,
Orange County District Meeting.
- November 2007 – “Being an Expert” and “Keynote” to 2007 Convention of the Investigative Engineers Association, Inc. (I-ENG-A)
- January 2007 and March 2007 – Two Chapters, CPCU, “The Ethical Dilemma Caused by Fighting Fraud.”
- June 2006 – Western Claims Conference, Indian Wells, California, “Why it is Important for SIUs To Share Information and
Strategies for Sharing” and “The Ethical Dilemma Caused by Fighting Fraud.”
- May 2006 – Forensic Expert Witness Association, Round Table Event on Insurance Coverage.
- November 2005 – California Insurance Fraud Symposium – “Insurance Fraud & Weapons to Fight Fraud in California.
- October 2005 – ACE/SCLA Annual Claims Exposition & Conference, Orlando FL – “New Tools for Defeating Fraud & Claims
of Bad Faith from Fraud”.
- September 2005 – Forensic Expert Witness Association – “Recent Cases Involving Expert Witnesses.
- May 2005 – Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Heartland Chapter, Council Bluffs, Iowa, “How a CFE Deals With the Issue
of Insurance Fraud.”
- April 2005 – Jewelers Mutual Insurance Company, Neenah, Wisconsin “Training for Integral Anti-Fraud Personnel” and “The
California Fair Claims Practices Regulations.”
- April 2005 – Orange County Bar Association, Costa Mesa, California “Use of an Expert in Insurance Litigation.”
- September 2004 – National Association of Insurance Women 2004 California State Meeting – “Investigating the Insurance Mold
Claim and Avoiding Coverage Pitfalls.”
- August 2004 – Asia Pacific Fraud Conference, Sydney, Australia – “Defenses to Insurance Fraud” and “Professional Claims
- August 2004 – Professional Investigators of California, Los Angeles District Meeting – on “Insurance Fraud”
- June 2004 – American Mensa Annual Gathering – on “Criminals Who Were Too Smart To Succeed at Insurance Fraud”
- April 2004 – 2004 PCS/ISO Catastrophe Conference on “Catastrophe Fraud.”
- November 2003 – Panel discussion — Golden Gate Risk and Insurance Management Society, Inc., 2003 Bay Area Conference on
“The Insurance Litigation Quagmire: Are the Risks Greater than the Rewards?
Updated: November 2023