Although entitled to a defense from Evanston it is not without a remedy. If it properly reserves its rights it can pay for the defense and, if and when Allstate succeeds and obtains a money judgment against the plaintiffs, Evanston can refuse to indemnify the lawyers and obtain a return of all the money it spent defending them since the only way Allstate can succeed is if it proves the plaintiffs acted to defraud Evanston. It can also amend, to avoid the problem in the future, future policies to exclude the obligation to defend any suit where it is alleged that the insured acted fraudulently.
- Lawyer’s Entitled to Defense of Action Alleging Participation
in Fraudulent Claim Scheme
- Insolvency risk leads to Cease & Desist Order against Access Insurance Company
- Ex-Government Lawyer Tries to Profit from Fraud Suits Imprisoned for 30 Months
- Criminal’s Appeal Fails
- Eight Judicial Hellholes With Florida Ranking as Number One
- Insurance Fraud In Kenya
- Sometimes It’s The Government
- Good News From the Coalition Against Insurance Fraud
- Health Insurance Fraud Convictions
- Other Insurance Fraud Convictions
- Zalma Books
- Insurance Fraud & Weapons to Defeat Insurance Fraud – Volumes One and Two
- Rescission of Insurance
- Ethics for the Insurance Professional
- Random Thoughts on Insurance – A Collection of Blog Posts from Zalma on Insurance)
- The Insurance Examination Under Oath
- The Compact Book on Adjusting Liability Claims
- The Compact Book on Adjusting Property Claims
- The California Fair Claims Settlement Practices Regulations.
- The California SIU Regulations.
- Passover Seder for Americans” An All English – Easy to Perform – Passover Seder Paperback
- Heads I Win, Tails You Lose
- Arson for Profit
- Murder & Old Lace
- Murder and Insurance Fraud Don’t Mix
- Candy & Able – Murder for Insurance Money
The most recent posts to the daily blog, Zalma on Insurance, are available at http://zalma.com/blog.
- Two More Real Crime Books March 14, 2018
- How to Acquire Commercial Property Insurance March 14, 2018
- Three Short Insurance Novels March 13, 2018
- Refusal to Appear for EUO Fatal to Claim March 13, 2018
- “Random Thoughts on Insurance Volumes I, II, III, IV, and V March 12, 2018
- Gross Negligence by Additional Insured Eliminates Coverage March 12, 2018
- “HEADS I WIN, TAILS YOU LOSE” March 9, 2018
- Rescission Fails Because of Insurer’s Own Written Standards March 9, 2018
- “The Insurance Examination Under Oath” March 8, 2018
- Property Insurance Requires a Physical Loss to Property March 8, 2018
- Rescission of Insurance March 7, 2018
- Are Breach of Fiduciary Duty and Constructive Fraud Deceptive Practices? March 7, 2018
- Ethics for the Insurance Professional March 6, 2018
- Reading the Policy Would Have Avoided Three Unnecessary Appeals March 6, 2018
- California SIU Regulations March 5, 2018
- Bad Faith Verdict Reversed for Multiple Errors by Trial Judge March 5, 2018
- California Fair Claims Settlement Practices Regulations March 2, 2018
- Not Necessary to Live In House Continuously to “Reside” There March 2, 2018
- Zalma’s Insurance Fraud Letter – March 1, 2018 March 1, 2018
Check in every day for a case summary at http://zalma.com/blog:
I have completed a video blog called that consist of 1022 three to four minute videos starting with “What is Insurance” and moving forward to insurance fraud investigations explaining the basics of insurance and insurance claims handling in a painless fashion that can be viewed every morning with the first cup of coffee at Zalma’s Insurance 101.
© 2018 – Barry Zalma
I have placed these books on Amazon.com as both e-books and as paperbacks to explain, in fiction based on reality, information to help everyone understand that insurance fraud can be defeated by a thorough investigation.
Barry Zalma, Esq., CFE, now limits his practice to service as an insurance consultant specializing in insurance coverage, insurance claims handling, insurance bad faith and insurance fraud almost equally for insurers and policyholders. He also serves as an arbitrator or mediator for insurance related disputes. He practiced law in California for more than 44 years as an insurance coverage and claims handling lawyer and more than 50 years in the insurance business. He is available at http://www.zalma.com and email@example.com.
Mr. Zalma is the first recipient of the first annual Claims Magazine/ACE Legend Award.
Mr. Zalma’s books available as Kindle books or paperbacks at Amazon.com can be reached at http://zalma.com/zalma-books/
Mr. Zalma’s reports can be found on Tumbler at https://www.tumblr.com/search/bzalma on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/barry.zalma and you can follow him on Twitter at https://twitter.com/bzalma
The author and publisher disclaim any liability, loss, or risk incurred as a consequence, directly or indirectly, of the use and application of any of the contents of this blog. The information provided is not a substitute for the advice of a competent insurance, legal, or other professional. The Information provided at this site should not be relied on as legal advice. Legal advice cannot be given without full consideration of all relevant information relating to an individual situation.