A Christmas Fable of Fraud
Raymond Alexander had no religion. He cared only for himself and the money he could take from good-hearted people.
Raymond loved the Christmas season.
The marks were in such a kind and giving mood it wasn’t even work to take their money.
The Christmas before last Raymond stumbled on insurance fraud as a lucrative means of making quick, easy money. Raymond made a good living playing bunco schemes about town. He would work the money switch with old folks, the dip, and every possible scam invented to take money from honest people who had a little larceny in their hearts.
Because he was good at what he did Raymond lived well. He leased a three-bedroom apartment in the best part of town, drove a BMW convertible when he wasn’t working and purchased all of his suits from a custom tailor. He ate at gourmet restaurants and collected an eclectic assortment of popular art dishes and Lladro figurines.
The Christmas present I would like is a state government willing to prosecute every insurance fraud to the limit of the law. I dream of an insurance industry willing to spend the money necessary to fight insurance fraud. Santa, this is what I want as a gift to me and the entire world: Governments and insurers willing to fight insurance fraud and give no quarter to the fraud perpetrator.
- Merry Christmas
- A Christmas Fable of Fraud
- Guilty of Arson Should Also be Guilty for Insurance Fraud
- Investigating Fraud
- Surveillance & The Insurance Fraud Investigation
- Good News From the Coalition Against Insurance Fraud
- The Insurance Fraud Hall of Shame
- Health Insurance Fraud Convictions
- Other Insurance Fraud Convictions
- Books from Barry Zalma – All Available at the Insurance Claims Library
- New From Barry Zalma, Zalma on Property and Casualty Insurance.
The most recent posts to the daily blog, Zalma on Insurance, one of Feedspots top 50 insurance law blogs are available at http://zalma.com/blog.
Check in every day for a case summary at http://zalma.com/blog:
- Everything Needed by the Insurance Claims ProfessionalDecember 13, 2018
- Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda – Divorce is ExpensiveDecember 13, 2018
- ABA Insurance Books by Barry ZalmaDecember 12, 2018
- Suit Must Allege Facts Giving Rise to a Potential for CoverageDecember 12, 2018
- Great Gifts for the Insurance ProfessionalDecember 11, 2018
- Duty to Defend Only Applies to Person SuedDecember 11, 2018
- Insurance Crime for Fun, Profit & JailDecember 10, 2018
- When an Insurer Sues Another Insurer Without Good CauseDecember 10, 2018
- Ethics, Rescission and the Examination Under OathDecember 7, 2018
- False Warranty Eliminates CoverageDecember 7, 2018
- Books for the Insurance Professional – A Perfect GiftDecember 6, 2018
- SOS – Limited Coverage for Sewage in RestaurantDecember 6, 2018
- Needed by Every Insurance ProfessionalDecember 5, 2018
- Failure to Fulfill Warranty Prevents Policy from Attaching to RiskDecember 5, 2018
- More Perfect Gifts for Insurance ProfessionalsDecember 4, 2018
- Insurance Company – Read The Policies Before You SueDecember 4, 2018
- More Gifts for the Person Interested in InsuranceDecember 3, 2018
- No Right of Subrogation Against an “Insured”December 3, 2018
- Zalma’s Insurance Fraud Letter – December 1, 2018November 30, 2018
I have completed a video blog calledZalma’s Insurance 101 that consists of 1022 three to four minute videos starting with “What is Insurance” and moving forward to insurance fraud investigations explaining the basics of insurance and insurance claims handling in a painless fashion that can be viewed every morning with the first cup of coffee at Zalma’s Insurance 101.