- Responses to Fraud – A Checklist
- Become a Certified Expert in Corporate Property Insurance and a Certified Expert in Corporate Liability Insurance
- Barry Zalma Speaks at Your Request
- Fraud in Trinidad and Tobago
- California Insurance Commissioner Warns Wildfire Survivors of Scam Artists
and Unlicensed Contractors
- Don’t Jump In Car After Accident & Claim Injury
- Good News From the Coalition Against Insurance Fraud
- Health Insurance Fraud Convictions
- In Sicily Insurance Fraud Is Painful
- Other Insurance Fraud Convictions
- Books by Barry Zalma
The most recent posts to the daily blog, Zalma on Insurance, are available at http://zalma.com/blog.
- “Insurance Fraud & Weapons to Defeat Insurance Fraud August 14, 2018
- Don’t Jump In Car After Accident & Claim Injury August 14, 2018
- New Books from Full Court Press: August 13, 2018
- Checklist – Responses to Fraud August 13, 2018
- The Insurance Fraud Deskbook August 10, 2018
- Insurer Punished Because Client was a Total Boor August 10, 2018
- Property Investigation Checklists August 9, 2018
- Using ERISA Plan Benefits for paying Business Debts Wrongful August 9, 2018
- Insurance Law Books by Barry Zalma at Discounted Prices August 8, 2018
- Be Careful When Trying to Rescind in Illinois August 8, 2018
- Five True Crime Stories About Insurance Fraud August 7, 2018
- Lawyer Failed to Properly Protect Himself with Malpractice Insurance August 7, 2018
- Random Thoughts on Insurance August 6, 2018
- Exclusion by Endorsement Controls Over Main Policy Wording August 6, 2018
- “HEADS I WIN, TAILS YOU LOSE” August 3, 2018
- Liars Never Prosper August 3, 2018
- Firestorms and Other Catastrophes August 2, 2018
- Zalma’s Insurance Fraud Letter – August 1, 2018 August 1, 2018
- The Insurance Examination Under Oath July 31, 2018
Check in every day for a case summary at http://zalma.com/blog:
© 2018 – Barry Zalma
This article, and all of the blog posts on this site, digest and summarize cases published by courts of the various states and the United States. The court decisions have been modified from the actual language of the court decisions, were condensed for ease of reading, and convey the opinions of the author regarding each case.
Barry Zalma, Esq., CFE, now limits his practice to service as an insurance consultant specializing in insurance coverage, insurance claims handling, insurance bad faith and insurance fraud almost equally for insurers and policyholders. He also serves as an arbitrator or mediator for insurance related disputes. He practiced law in California for more than 44 years as an insurance coverage and claims handling lawyer and more than 50 years in the insurance business. He is available at http://www.zalma.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mr. Zalma is the first recipient of the first annual Claims Magazine/ACE Legend Award.
Books from Full Court Press
Insurance Law Deskbook: Learn the insurance basics that are essential to every civil practitioner. The Insurance Law Deskbook is intended to help law students, practitioners, insurance lawyers, professional claims personnel, insured persons, and anyone else involved in insurance. The book, published for the first time under Full Court Press, includes the full texts or digests of insurance-related decisions of the U.S. Supreme Court, the U.S. District Courts of Appeal, state appellate courts, and foreign courts that have molded the American insurance law, as well as vital explanatory chapters, historical context, form letters, and more.
California Insurance Law Deskbook: California has long led the way when it comes to insurance jurisprudence in the United States, and few know more about California insurance law than Barry Zalma. The California Insurance Law Deskbook is intended to help law students, practitioners, insurance lawyers, professional claims personnel, insured persons, and anyone else involved in insurance. Similar to Barry Zalma’s general Insurance Law Deskbook, this title focuses on the state where the author has long resided and practiced as an expert in California law. The book, published for the first time under Full Court Press, includes the full texts or digests of insurance-related decisions of the U.S. Supreme Court, the U.S. District Courts of Appeal, and California appellate courts, as well as vital explanatory chapters and historical context.
Insurance Bad Faith and Punitive Damages Deskbook: Understand the relationship between insurance, the tort of bad faith, and why punitive damages are awarded to punish insurers. Previously, a person suing an insurance company in the United States could only recover contract damages, but when the tort of bad faith was created by the courts contract law was enormously affected, allowing insureds to sue insurers for both contract and tort damages, including punitive damages. Read a thoughtful analysis of how punitive damages apply in the United States to insurance bad faith suits, and why some states allow judges and juries to award punitive damages against insurers in civil litigation.
Mr. Zalma’s books available as Kindle books or paperbacks at Amazon.com can be reached at http://zalma.com/zalma-books/
Mr. Zalma’s reports can be found on Tumbler at https://www.tumblr.com/search/bzalma on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/barry.zalma and you can follow him on Twitter at https://twitter.com/bzalma
The author and publisher disclaim any liability, loss, or risk incurred as a consequence, directly or indirectly, of the use and application of any of the contents of this blog. The information provided is not a substitute for the advice of a competent insurance, legal, or other professional. The Information provided at this site should not be relied on as legal advice. Legal advice cannot be given without full consideration of all relevant information relating to an individual situation.