Barry Zalma, Inc.
Get Education and training on insurance matters in an easy to absorb, three minute increments.
Now Available at http://www.zalma.com/videoblog
Zalma on Insurance
- “Chutzpah” or how a Guilty Plea to Insurance Fraud Defeats Claim January 19, 2018
- Another Failure of Stipulated Judgment to Get Insurance Money January 18, 2018
- Giving Away Judgment Against Defendant to Sue Insurer Gets Plaintiff Nothing January 17, 2018
- Zalma’s Insurance Fraud Letter – January 15, 2018 January 16, 2018
- Why Do Courts Allow Punitive Damages? January 15, 2018
- Ethics and Insurance Claims January 11, 2018
- Insurer Can Rescind When Insured Knew of Potential Claim January 10, 2018
- New Books at Amazon.com January 9, 2018
- Rescission – New Book Available Only on Amazon.com January 9, 2018
- New Book – The Insurance Examination Under Oath January 8, 2018
- You Only Get What You Pay For January 3, 2018
- Zalma’s Insurance Fraud Letter – January 1, 2018 January 2, 2018
- Insured v. Insured Exclusion Effective December 29, 2017
- Adjusting Property Claims December 28, 2017
- Adjusting Liability Claims December 27, 2017
- Statute Must be Interpreted as Written December 26, 2017
- California Stretches to Find Exception to the Litigation Privilege December 22, 2017
- Co-Conspirator’s Civil Testimony Convicts Arsonist December 21, 2017
- No Premium, No Consideration, No Insurance December 20, 2017
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Zalma On Insurance — The BlogAfter more than 50 years acting as a claims person and insurance coverage lawyer I enjoy reading court decisions concerning insurance. The idea of this blog is to find new cases that are interesting to me and then write a summary. Some of the cases reviewed will be important. Some may be of first impression. Others will be totally unimportant. All will be interesting.
DISCLAIMERThis Blog is made available by the lawyer or law firm publisher for educational purposes only as well as to give you general information and a general understanding of the law, not to provide specific legal advice. By using this blog site you understand that there is no attorney client relationship between you and the publisher. The blog should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state.
Search Results for: Farad Dam
ACV Judgment Limited to ACV and Not Future Replacement Cost Depending on the wording of an insurance policy actual cash value (ACV) is a method of determining the amount payable to an insured on a replacement cost policy even if … Continue reading
When ACV is RCV Less Depreciation The definition of the insurance term “actual cash value” (ACV) has resulted in multiple definitions depending on jurisdiction. Some define it as fair market value, some define it as replacement cost value (RCV) less … Continue reading